worried about wireless

Upon shutting down I always lose wireless connection through my WUSB54GC adapter. Also the lynsys wireless manager desktop icon will not open. I just get microsoft send error message. I've tried to uninstall through add/remove programs to start again, but get the same message and will not uninstall. I can get connection but have to run setup software everyday and have no use of lynsys maneger. Help
Highlighted

Re: worried about wireless

Hi snoopy65,

This might help.

To uninstall properly, insert the setup CD of the adapter but do not run it.

Open the setup CD and run the setup file that you see inside the Utility folder.

If that successfully uninstalls the adapter, reinstall the adapter by using the driver file from the download site, not using the setup CD anymore.

Good luck!    Woman Wink

Re: worried about wireless

Un-install the Linksys Monitor and just install the drivers(if you have winxp)...

Remove the Linksys Adapter and un-install the Linksys Monitor/Software from Programs menu...To re-install the Drivers insert the Linksys Setup CD into your CD-ROM drive, When the Welcome screen appears click Exit, connect your USB adapter now...When the  Hardware Update Wizard window appears, click Install the software automatically (Recommended) then click Next.

NOTE: The Hardware Installation screen may appear indicating that the Adapter has not passed Windows Logo testing. Ignore the window and click Continue Anyway to proceed with the installation since the Adapter has been tested and found to work with Windows XP.When Windows has finished installing the driver, click Finish.

Click on Start and goto Control Panel and double click on Network Connections...Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select View Available Wireless Networks"- If you see your wireless network in the list, highlight it by 'single' clicking on it- Now click on the 'Connect' button below- If your wireless network is secured, it would ask you to provide the network key- Provide the wireless network key and confirm it again in the confirmation box and click "Connect".It should work...