Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mmz85

wpc54gx radio off

I was looking to turn my radio on for my wpc54gx.

i can connect to an router but with no internet

it says that my radio is off

can someone tell me how to turn it on?

i am running xp pro

thanks
Marks
dibbler

Re: wpc54gx radio off

Well let me know which wireless router are you using…try changing channel on router, if you have any personal firewall on computer…disable it. Uninstall WLAN monitor completely from computer and install drivers only, no need to install WLAN monitor and use WZC (Wireless Zero Configuration) windows wireless software and let me know whether it works or not.

mmz85

Hello

Thanks for responding

How do I Uninstall WLAN monitor completely from computer and install drivers only, no need to install WLAN monitor and use WZC (Wireless Zero Configuration) windows wireless software.

Im not quite sure where to start.

Thanks

dibbler

first off , go to start >> control panel >> system >> hardware >> device manager and ensure that u don't have any other wireless adapter installed on the laptop besides the wpc54gx..
if all is well. then go to start >> programs >> linksys wireless notebook adapter >> uninstall .. once uninstalled , insert the CD for the adapter and restart the computer....do not run the CD..
run the "Found New Hardware Wizard"...select the oprion "Install the software automatically"