01-07-2009 03:11 PM
1. Once the Linksys Home Audio System (KWHA400) is configured, if one has music stored on a USB drive attached to a DMC250, does one have to have a computer running with the Cisco Media Centre Server software running on it in order to use the audio system if the only music one wants to play is on that USB drive and not on any drives plugged into or inside the computer?
2. Does the system recognize NAS drives plugged into the RJ45 jack on the DMC250 or to a wireless router?
3. If the answer to 2 is yes, then once these drives are added to the system and configured, does the computer have to be running with the Cisco Media Centre server software in order to use the audio system if the only music one wants to play is on those drives and not on any drives plugged into or inside the computer?
4. Does the system support the Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC)?
01-07-2009 04:40 PM - edited 01-07-2009 04:42 PM
Thank you for your interest in the new Linksys Home Audio hardware hopefully this of helpful.
I will also double check on the codec to see if I have any updates if so it will be posted here.
01-07-2009 09:48 PM
Thanks for that information.
I have not been able to find any information about setting alarms to turn music on in the morning. Does your software have such a feature? If so, what settings does it have? (ie multiple daily alarms, daily alarm - as not everyone works M-F, zone-based alarms, line-in alarm, cancel next alarm, ie for a holiday).
01-08-2009 08:09 AM - edited 01-08-2009 08:09 AM
Hi everyone, I'm also interested in this new device from Linksys, its quite neat on how it can wirelessly stream audio. By the way to answer eonibm's question on what amplifier class the DMC250 & DMC350 is, it is class D for the DMC250 and I assume that its also class D for the DMC350 because on how the way Linksys has packaged the devices into Kits.
the datasheet for the DMC250 contains the information regarding the amplifier class.
I hope this information is helpful for all of us.
01-08-2009 12:11 PM
01-08-2009 02:02 PM - edited 01-08-2009 02:04 PM
As I checked on the features on this device, I believe it has no alarm features that you are looking for. As what I found out, it only has sleep and hibernate features.
Hope this helps...
01-08-2009 02:45 PM
3. Checking on your tracks question.
And we would love to have you as a linksys professional wireless home audio customer
01-08-2009 02:51 PM
Thanks - but I must be absolutely sure on the server thing: Will Linksys Cisco play music from my NAS even with NO media server embedded there? This is quite important because this is exactly what complicates all other products than Sonos when it comes to audio streaming.
Great to hear about pre-cache.