- last edited on
I am on ATT U-verse and have to use their router but would like to have an "N" access point. Can the new Valet be set as an access point only i.e. disable the Router and DHCP functions?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-19-2010 11:29 AM
Technically yes, but if you do want to configure it that way you will not be able to configure it using the software, would have to be a manual configuration...
I would recommend the following:
1. Reset the Valet to defaults (hold the reset button for about 10 seconds then release)
2. Plug a single PC into the Valet
3. Access the UI at 192.168.1.1 (if reset the password will be admin)
4. Go to the wireless tab and configure your SSID and Security settings
- Remember for 802.11n speeds you need to use WPA2 personal security only, anything else will not give you peak speeds
5. Save the wireless settings.
6. Go to basic settings and change the IP address to something different I suggest 192.168.1.2 (if using another Linksys or Cisco device this will help prevent conflicts when you connect your networks together)
7. Save Settings
8. Close the Browser and reopen, access the UI at the new address 192.168.1.2 (or whatever you chose)
9. On the basic settings page disable the DHCP server and click save.
10. unplug your PC from the Valet and connect the Valet to your existing network (use one of the LAN numbered ports to connect NOT the INTERNET port)
11. Once you have the LAN ports on the Valet connected to the LAN ports on your existing router, you should be able to pull DHCP from the primary router when connected wirelessly and surf the net...
07-25-2010 10:24 AM
I tried to change the IP address and it says setting successful. You will be redirected back to the page in seconds. But it never redirects me. I will close out and then 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 are both unavailable and I have to reset my router. Any suggestions?
11-15-2010 11:49 AM
Were you able to solve this issue?
I'm also dissatisfied with the wireless performance on the 2wire, and want to add an access point (NOT a router) to my network.
01-22-2011 03:11 PM
i'm try to add a wireless router "cisco Valet" to a business network, but it seems that everything that i had try don't work.
1. can i connected to a 24 port switch?
and how can i do this, i'm going crazy.
Please, please help
01-27-2011 03:23 PM