Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dayspring63

Help with connecting Sprint Airave 2.5 Airvana to Cisco Valet

I just received a Sprint Airave 2.5 Airvana so I can get cell phone reception in my area but the Sprint directions tell me to connect the Airave directly to my modem then connect my Valet to the Airave making the Airave act as the router I guess.  I don't want to do that and have searched the Internet for directions on how to configure and connect my cable modem, Cisco Valet and Sprint Airave 2.5 Airvana but found nothing I can understand.

Can anyone tell me or show me in screen shots how to set this all up?  I'm not a complete computer idiot and can follow instructions but I don't understand all of the acronyms and some tech talk.  If there is anyone who could help me out and explain how to in layman's terms I'd greatly appreciate it.  Would rather not call Sprint for tech support as they are in the cell phone business, not computer/internet biz. 

Thanks much for any help! 

jaymay

Re: Help with connecting Sprint Airave 2.5 Airvana to Cisco Valet

Tried searching the web on how to setup Airave to get it working with your router. I found a link where a user posted the steps on how he got the Airave working on his router (http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/59464). However, on this site: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Over-Ethernet-Sprint-Airave-Airvana-Injector-Splitter-PoE-Kit-2-5-/160..., it indicted there the list of compatible devices from linksys cisco. On the list are: WRT54G, WAP54G, WET11, E1200, E1500, E2000, E2500, E3000, E3200, E4200, WRT120N, WRT160N, WRT320N, and WRT400N. But you may try setting it yup with your valet first and see if it will work.

dayspring63

Re: Help with connecting Sprint Airave 2.5 Airvana to Cisco Valet

Thanks!  I will look into both links and post later today or tomorrow if it worked.  Crossing my fingers.  :smileyhappy: