Oldkeen

How do I turn off Wi-Fi Protected Setup

I installed a Valet + system at my daughter's house. During the process, the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button was pressed. How do I turn it off so that the light goes out?

gandalf

Re: How do I turn off Wi-Fi Protected Setup

Login to the setup page of your Router and click on the Wireless tab and in this window you will 2 options "manual and Wi-Fi Protected" so select the option Manual and click on save settings...

Oldkeen

Will that have any effect on Easy Setup Key operation?

gandalf

I don't think it will make any difference ?

carmelita2728

Unable to disable w-fi protection. Preventing me from using wireless single at home
jaymay

carmelita2728 wrote:
Unable to disable w-fi protection. Preventing me from using wireless single at home

What is the model number of your router? Even wifi protected setup is enabled on your router, you should be able to connect to your wireless network. But if you think wifi protected setup keeps you from connecting to your wireless network, you should be able to disable it. Just access the setup page of your router (for info on how to, this link will help you: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=3d655af76e21457fa8b71a0c3a2a0c9c_3676.xml&pid=80&r...). Go to the Wireless tab and disable WPS from there or select Manual for the wireless configuration/configuration view. It depends though if you're router has this setting.