Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
gwcaton

M10 - sharing files in network

is there a setting I need to change in the valet system or is this a windows setting change only ?  I am wanting to share files between the 2 pc on the valet network AND  a wired printer connected to the main pc with the 2nd pc . Possible ? yes/ no

Thanks

meegosh

Re: M10 - sharing files in network

Yes its possible. Just do a search about "File and Printer Sharing" on google. There are lots of informations on how to do that.

---
If everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer..

David Soultanian

Is there a setting I need to change in the valet system or is this a windows setting change only. I am wanting to share files between the 2 PC on the valet network and a wired printer connected to the main pc with the 2nd pc. Is this possible yes or no .Thanks

nerdherder

The instructions on this link should solve your problem.

njbar12

I have a Valet network setup on Windows XP with a wireless laptop and ethernet connected PC (both laptop and PC are running XP).  I would like to share a folder on the PC with the laptop.  How do I do that on the Valet network?  When I open the Sharing/Security window for the folder I want to share, I do not see the options given in the link recommended on the last response. Instead of a share this folder option, the sharing window under Network sharing and security has message that "As a security measure, Windows has dissabled remote access to this computer. However, you can enable remote access and safely share files by running the Network Setup Wizard."  I am afraid that if I run the network wizard now, it may corrupt the current wireless network connection with my laptop.  Do I need to run the wizard to share a folder on the PC and will this cause problems with the laptop wireless connection to the internet?  Is there something that CISCO has within the Cisco Connect program to enable sharing folders without running the Windows XP Network Setup Wizard?

sonik

you need to run the network setup wizard on both or just make sure they are both in the same workgroup.  Next try to see if you can see the other computer by going to "my network places" then to view workgroup computers.  Also you may want to see if you can ping between the two first.