menacingcheese

Xbox 360 Wired Connection issues

I recently purchased the Valet M10 router and I'm having trouble connecting my 360 to the network via ethernet cable.  Connecting all the wireless devices in our house was a breeze but I can't seem to get the Xbox to work.  When I try to logon to Xbox live I get an error msg saying that there's a problem with my network connection.  I've tried it using both DHCP and a static IP address.  The LAN light on the front of the router doesn't light up when I try to connect either. 

I previously had a Linksys WRT160N router and never had a problem connecting with the Xbox so I don't think its an issue with the 360.  Can anyone provide suggestions because I ready to pull out what little hair I have left?

norcris

Re: Xbox 360 Wired Connection issues

I really have no solution for you, all I can say is that we were able to connect our 360 to Live with a wired connection using the M10 with no trouble at all. If you are still having a problem I would call XBox support and ask them.

zerokul175

Well. I had the same issue with some components of my home theater (blu ray,switch).

It turns out that the wired network cable I have from the valet to my home theater is a cat5 network cable (slow speed), what you need is a cat6 cable (or gigabit cable), Cat5 is not compatible withe the valet.

I hope this helps.

let me know.

Press the reset button on the router for 30 seconds.

The Power light will start flashing.

Turn the Router and the Modem OFF.

Turn the modem ON first, wait for 10 seconds, turn the router ON, wait for 10 seconds, you should be online.

Now check the firmware on the router and cross check for the latest firmware on the linksys website. Ensure you check the correct model and the version number.

If there is any firmware update for your router, its recommended that you upgrade the firmware on the router.

Follow this link to upgrade the firmware on the router.

How to upgrade firmware on Valet or Linksys Eseries. 

Hope all this helps mate!

C | EH

linksyshelp.blogspot.com