Jaydead

192.168.1.1 keeps going to Management Mode Firmware Upgrade page

When I tried accessing the Linksys router page (192.168.1.1), I keep getting the Management Mode Firmware Upgrade page and not the router settings page.  It doesn't even ask for my username/ password. 

As you may have guessed, I can't access the internet when plugged in to the Linksys router, but when I have my PC directly connected to the modem, I can access the internet just fine.

So, I tried to login to the router settings, but I keep getting that firmware upgrade page.  I downloaded the latest firmware for my router, WRT54G v 7.0, and installed it.  The upgrade was a success but when I go to 192.168.1.1, I still get the same firmware upgrade page again.

I tried resetting the router to no avail.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!
SPAWN_06

Re: 192.168.1.1 keeps going to Management Mode Firmware Upgrade page

CLICK HERE for the instructions to update your firmware using the tftp file... then after that turn off your router then turn it back on... access it again afterwards... :smileywink:
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
forsaken

If once it shows that the firmware is upgraded success fully .... please reset the router for few seconds ..... unplug & replug the Power cable in the mean time....
See if again logging to the 192.168.1.1 is going to proper page or not ......
jeju_143

i think TFTP file works better if you set static IP first and force card ( 10 Mbps half duplex ) also