jimmyc49

AT&T -Siemens Modem Speedstream 4100

I am trying to install a WRT310N with this Siemens 4100 modem. Whenever I change ANY modem parameter (Static IP to DHCP, Bridge, etc.) it will NOT get internet access.
Is there any way to install this router using the EXACT settings on the modem?
I just returned a Netgear router and got this one because I had the same problem. Can AT&T provide another modem that this router will work with?
toomanydonuts

Re: AT&T -Siemens Modem Speedstream 4100

Generally with a 4100, you either need to use the device in (A) the default "bridge/routing mode"  or  (B) place the device into the "bridge" mode.

To setup your 4100 and WRT310N, you must first disconnect them from each other, change the settings as outlined below, then reconnect them and reboot the network.

In setup (A), the PPPoE  User Name and Password  (supplied by AT&T) is placed in the 4100.  The 4100 will do your PPPoE login for you.   The WRT310N should work at its factory default settings, which includes an "Internet Connection Type" of "DHCP - automatic".

In setup (B), the 4100 acts as a true modem (because it is in bridge mode).  In this case, you must set the WRT310N to an "Internet Connection Type"  of  "PPPoE", then place the PPPoE  User Name and Password (from AT&T) into the WRT310N.  The 4100 must be set to "bridge" mode.

Setup (B) is preferred.  Setup (A) will work for most users.

Hope this helps.

jimmyc49

Thank you! I'll give it a try.
gandalf

Try it out and let us know if it is working now.