kiwiwiki82

About QOS Settings with WRt120N router~HELP~

I have a question with the QOS settings, after I set the Priority for my 4 devices via MAC address, including 1 xbox, 2 notebooks and 1 PC with usb wireless adapter. Xbox has the high, and the others are medium. Here is the problem, after I activate the QOS settings, the network on the 2 notebooks and PC is slow.Not entirely slow, but when I try to open a web page, it takes longer time.About the XBOX,I am not sure about its reaction. Please help me out.
Wizzard

Re: About QOS Settings with WRt120N router~HELP~

Well as you have setup a High Priority for your XBOX under QoS, whenever your XBOX is turned On, Your Router will provide a Maximum Bandwidth of your Internet to your XBOX and it will slower down your Other Devices on your Network.

As you have so many devices in your Network, so i would suggest you not to use QoS Serivce... Or else if you want to use it then you can Turn Off your XBOX whenever you are going to use other Devices ( Computers). 

kiwiwiki82

Thanks for your infomation.

But it is quite disappointed......what if somebody else is downloading something while i am playing my xbox, if all of the QOS act like this?

In my case, even the XBOX is off, the browser reaction also delayed.

What if I change the QOS method to set the priority for ports?

Wizzard

It will act in a same way even if you set the priority for ports.If you are getting the same connection speed even if the X-Box is off then,i would suggest you to reflash/upgrade the router's firmware once,reset the for 35 sec and reconfigure it from the scratch. Now,check the performance....