Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
davis09

Acess and restrictions on a wrt110

I have been tryin to restrict my daughter from accessing the internet on hours i have assigned . i Want her to be able to access the internet between 3pm to 6pm monday to friday. and 10am to 6pm on saturday to sunday. Can u please help. as everytime i try to get it right i keep blockin the whole network from accessing the internet. Your help in this would make the mrs happy .  PLS HELP !

thnx  davo

mpsfun

Re: Acess and restrictions on a wrt110

I have the same issue,(wrt110 ver 1.00.4) If I apply any policy restricting by "MAC" , "time" , "web site keyword" or "Ports" All that occurs is everyone is denied outside access.:smileymad: This is however consistant with all of the linksys products I have used, at least until they get a few firmware updates out. It has been a a few months from the last firmware update so i hope we get one soon so we have a truly fuctioning router.
ridcully

You have to create 2 Policies,

Access Policy1()

Enter a Policy Name
Status EnableEnter a Policy Name
Enter the MAC Address of her Computer under edit list of pc's

Select Allow
Select Days : Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Times : 03:00PM to 06:00PM

Policy2()
Status Enable
Enter a Policy Name
Enter the MAC Address of her Computer under edit list of pc's
Select Allow
Select Days : Saturday, Sunday

Times : 10:00AM to 06:00PM

Click Save Settings once done...See if this works...

davis09

I tried all that info  and still i get the same problem , it cuts everyone else off the net, including me . What  is goin on with the linksys router, I bought this brand thinking it was a piece of good hardware. I feel a little ripped off atm . but if there is a fix to this, i would love to know.....

Thanking you  davo

Expert
Expert

Well, this looks to me as if you have to block the times you don't want instead of allowing times you want. If you only set allow policies there seems to be a default deny all rule at the end.

I would suggest you set up deny rules instead.

Policy 1, deny, Mon-Fri, 0:00-15:00
Policy 2, deny, Sat-Son, 0:00-10:00
Policy 3, deny, Mon-Sun, 18:00-23:55

Apply Policy 1-3 to the MAC address of her ethernet card (if she uses wireless and you have neighbors she will probably surf through your neighbor's access point at any time she wants...)

If this still blocks all other traffic as well, then add a Policy 4, Allow, Everyday, 24 hours, and don't enter anything into the list of pcs. If that's not possible enter IP range 192.168.1-254.