waynec704

Acquiring network address

My wireless continues to search for network address.  What am I doing wrong...I must admitt I know nothing about electronics.
richard804

Re: Acquiring network address

Do you have a wireless router attached to your modem?  If yes configure your router using CD.
The wireless adaptor usually connects to any network in your neibourhood if you have the correct passphrase or key.
Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada

Please mention the model nos of all the linksys devices.

C | EH

linksyshelp.blogspot.com
binky

Well could you please tell me what's the model number of the linksys products you are having?
ASUDave

[ Edited ]
I am having the same problem.  I am using the WRT54G.  It is connected to my desktop and I used the CD to install.  When I try to connect wirelessly, it keeps saying "Acquiring Network Address".  After about 2 minutes my laptop informs me that I have "Limited or no connectivity." 

I have done diagnostics on my laptop and there are no problems.  My network key is entered correctly.  Also, a friend also has the same problem when he tries to connect to my wireless network.

I am about to pull my hair out.  Please help.

Message Edited by ASUDave on 09-11-2008 07:06 PM
nan
nan

This is happening to me also. If anyone has any suggestions, I would sincerely appreciate it.
tjl
tjl

I have just installed a LinkSys Wireless-N Broadband router WRT160N

Installed using the CD

Laptop sees the network and connects using the key but seems to stall when it attempts to acquire a network address.

Linksys advisor comes up and indicates all is well but does not see the laptop
Flagman

TJL

I have the same adapter with the WRT600N Router..................did you ever solve the "acquiring network address" issue?

If you did will you share the solution?