Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VFC58

Adding additional devices to router

I'm trying to add a Wii to my router, but when I click on add device the wireless option is grayed out.  I tried just going to the Wii to make the connection, but it indicates no internet connection, although my network shows up.  I'm not as computer savvy as many of those posting so if you can help me, simple please.  I saw this was posted earlier, but the response was no help.  I have my router, WRT160N, wired to my desk top.  Any help would be appreciated. 

scrooge

Re: Adding additional devices to router

Are you trying to use Wii  wired or wireless?

If wireless then you need to setup the wireless connection on Wii.

To setup the connection you can follow  this Link.

VFC58

As a wireless.  I did do the set up on my Wii and it did find my network, but when it runs the connection test it indicates no network connection.  Same problem with my iphone, find the network, but then says can't connect to my network. 

scrooge

What's the wireless settings you have setup on your Router?  (SSID, Channel, Security Mode).

Login to your router setup page and click on the Wireless tab and below change the Wireless Channel to 11 and click on Save Settings...

Then again click on the sub tab "Wireless MAC Filter" and if you have enable the wireless mac filter then Disable it and click on Save Settings...

Now you can try to connect to your Wireless Network on WII and check if you are getting connected to your Network.