05-13-2012 04:02 AM
Hi. I am the owner of a ea4500 router. My router is connected to another router that has 192.168.1.1 address. So I had to change the address to the ea4500 to 192.168.0.1. After I did thid I tried to log into the router again to change some setting. All that I get is "Ooops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.0.1." It is is not Chrome related since I tried IE too.
The only way to access the settings again is to hard reset the router by pressing the reset button in the back 10+ seconds. This is the first router that I have with this issue. My e1000 which also had the ip changed doe not behave like this.
Can someone help me with this issue? Else this router is going back for a refund. Thank you.
05-13-2012 07:03 AM
05-13-2012 09:03 AM
I did all of the above. No luck. So it is not the computer. I wonder why I do not have this issue with the e1000.
I am open to other ideas.
05-13-2012 09:36 AM
05-13-2012 09:59 AM
First of all, thank you for your input and help.
What I did so far: I factory reset the router. I installed Cisco Connect. Configured the router through Cisco connect. To my surprise the router received an ip of this class: 10.158.89.100. I noticed this IP address last time but the IP thst I have input was 192.168.0.1.
Now the router is functional, through Cisco Connect I can access the advance settings but I do not want to touch it. I will read more on how to change the advance settings and still be able to use Cisco Connect.
On another note, I would like to have this router on bridge mode and I did try to set it like this but in the second I was saving the settings the router became unavailable. How can I access this router in bridge mode to change the wireless settings by example?
Thank you again for the time you took to read and answer to my noob post.
05-13-2012 11:27 AM
03-06-2013 08:02 PM
I ran into this exact issue, but it was only when the internet service changed. The service was changed from DSL to Cable. Why is this a big deal. Well, this apparently triggered the bug when the DSL modem that was using 192.168.1.x was replaced with a cable modem that was in bridge mode. So the EA4500 got a public address while on a 10.x.x.x on the lan. BOOM! no DHCP address on wireless. Wired worked and static address on the wired or wireless worked. After reading this thread and reconfigured the addressing on the LAN to 192.168.1.x and now everything works. Need to go back and readdress my static devices, but oh well, saved me from throwing the router in the trash.