Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
gdm19862000
Accepted Solution

Blinking Ethernet LED

I have just gotten 2 routers from my buddy a WRT54G V8 and a WRT110 V1 I setup the WRT110 first because it was the newest one everything worked fine on all of my wired and wireless stuff except 1 of my wired pc's there is no internet connection and the ethernet port light blinks on and off about every second and whatever pot i hook it up to it dose the same thing so i set up the WRT54G same thing except the light stays solid and here is the odd thing these routers are a replacemet for a WRT310N V1 router and the pc works on that router but not the others its driveing me nuts any help would be great

Expert
RobinsonX7

Betreff: Blinking Ethernet LED

Hi gdm19862000,

Maybe try to update the NIC card driver on the affected PC.
Allso change the LAN speed on the NIC card settings, note that both, the WRT54G and WRT110 have 100Mb/s LAN capabilities.

The blinking of the Ethernet LED only shows you that a phisical connection with the computer over the LAN cable is established and that packets are beeing transmitted.

Hopefully this helps,

Regards,

RobinsonX7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Die Such Funktion ist dein Freund.... und Google auch

Cisco Knowledge Base

Linksys Home Support

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gdm19862000

Thanks for your reply I will give that a try and get back to ya

gdm19862000

that worked great I was hoping that it was going to be easy thank you for your help