sneakerdz

Blocking Xbox Live

Can anybody tell me how I can block out Xbox Live at certain times? I want it to shut off at 9 pm cause sometimes I work late and my daughter cannot tell time. I do know which ports I need to block but when I put it in the blocked services and put it the allow time, it still blocks it all the time. Thanks in advance. Also I have the wireless router with speedboost but no version #.

Dennis
TheIcemanCometh

Re: Blocking Xbox Live

[ Edited ]
I'm trying to remember these off the top of my head, but these are the ones I remember

88 (UDP)
3074 (UDP and TCP)

As far as how to block it - I'm not sure. I tried blocking MySpace from my kids and it blocked out my entire wireless network even though I was blocking by MAC address. I stil can't figure out how to set up access restrictions ... :-(

HTH,
Bob

Message Edited by TheIcemanCometh on 04-03-200707:41 PM

sneakerdz

Thanks, I know that those are the ports but cannot be blocked at certain times. Linksys just emailed me back and told me how to do this.

FYI, I have a 15yo daughter. I use www.spectorsoft.com and the newer Nortons Internet security ( which is cheaper ) to block out those sites, including myspace. However, spector pro logs everything. It has been the best logger that I tried. NIS has parental control built right in to the program and very easy to use.
Sippinjava

[ Edited ]
I am having the same problem and am using the "Linksys Parental Control" on-line service.  Although the specs indicate that we are able to set up a schedule for internet access, it is only working to limit my son's computer MAC address and NOT his XBOX 360 MAC address.

I followed the instructions to set devices up using their MAC addresses, and assign each MAC address to a profile.  I have the latest firmware, and have traded quite a few emails with support to no avail.  I get the feeling that no one understands the problem.  I keep getting "generic answers" and replies that take me through all the steps I followed BEFORE I even signed up for the service. UPNP off, MTU 1365 or whatever - this is getting frustrating.  I can either block it entirely or it is on all the time - scheduling is not working.

Let me know if anyone has any luck with this.

Message Edited by Sippinjava on 04-09-200705:33 AM

Ben3379

How did u block the internet on an xbox360

ScarletJamie

Ben3379 wrote:

How did u block the internet on an xbox360

After assigning your 360 a static IP that is outside of the range of your DHCP range, go into your routers access restrictions and block internet access to that IP address you gave to your Xbox. Put the gateway address on the XBOX manually to your gateway's IP address. This will permit your 360 to have local network access but no internet at all.