ajcrunk

Blocking uTorrent!!!

Can anyone help me with how to block uTorrent on the WRT54G router??? My roommate is killing my internet speed and he already had his last warning so i need to block torrents on my router ASAP
meteor

Re: Blocking uTorrent!!!

ajcrunk wrote:
Can anyone help me with how to block uTorrent on the WRT54G router??? My roommate is killing my internet speed and he already had his last warning so i need to block torrents on my router ASAP

oh k!
Its quite easy ,

Access ur routers web ui - 192.168.1.1
username n password would be - admin , if u havent changed italready.
once you are on Linksys web user interface for WRT54G.
Click on access restrictions-
Down the page youll find an option for Blocked Service.
click on Add/edit .

Service NAme -Torrents
Port Range - 6881~6889
Add it .
and apply.

Now your are back on access restriction screen , Selected Torrents from the list.
and Save settings.

There u Go..

Let me know the status .

pe@c3
~~~Nobudy's Perfect , i try To Be So ! Each n every moment of maH LYF , AND I THINK dat wats make Me "Different" From others....~~~
FLATLINE

You may want to check your log and find the actual ports hes using. Not many people use the default ports.
Help fight lag! Wire up that gaming machine!!!!!
ajcrunk

Thanks to the both of you ... hopefully this will work. I had to turn on the log so soon i will know what ports he's using. Good looking out
meteor

ajcrunk wrote:
Thanks to the both of you ... hopefully this will work. I had to turn on the log so soon i will know what ports he's using. Good looking out

ajcrunk  , sure no worries buddy

Do let us know the status ??? :smileywink:

pe@c3
~~~Nobudy's Perfect , i try To Be So ! Each n every moment of maH LYF , AND I THINK dat wats make Me "Different" From others....~~~
ajcrunk

LOL just my luck it didnt work! When i check the log the port that is repeated is 27081?? **bleep**? Any more suggestions out there?
meteor

ajcrunk wrote:
LOL just my luck it didnt work! When i check the log the port that is repeated is 27081?? **bleep**? Any more suggestions out there?

HUH ? Port-27081 is for counter strike .

So , u are playing Team combo counter strike . kool !
Though , If u didnt find any other port , then maybe Bittorrent Is offline for a while?
or Can u place a list of ports u find in Ur log list , here?

Let me know the status?

pe@c3
ajcrunk

[ Edited ]
Not playing anything ... that is just what showed up, here is the link http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/ajcrunk/LOG.jpg What is that??? and its coming from my roommates MAC address so i know its torrents Message Edited by ajcrunk on 01-07-2008 06:18 PM

Message Edited by ajcrunk on 01-07-2008 06:19 PM
Mort

Hi if you are very sure that utorrent is using 27081, then just block that, by using access restrictions feature.

But there is option in utorrent to use random port each time it is started. Hope your roommate is not using that option!
meteor

ajcrunk wrote:
Not playing anything ... that is just what showed up, here is the link http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/ajcrunk/LOG.jpg What is that??? and its coming from my roommates MAC address so i know its torrents Message Edited by ajcrunk on 01-07-2008 06:18 PM

Message Edited by ajcrunk on 01-07-2008 06:19 PM

Hi ajcrunk

i agree with mort , Block that port .
is all you can do right now .

pe@c3