ghost1807

Blu Ray player disconnecting wireless connection

We just got a Sony Blu Ray player last month and were able to get the Wi-Fi set up for it without any problems, though it seems to have had a negative effect on the wireless connection for the rest of the computers in the house. My computer and iPod Touch both have displayed continuous disconnection and reconnection from the network happening every minute or so whenever the player is in use. It seems fairly random when it does eventually stop. Has anyone ever had any similar issues to this?
helm

Re: Blu Ray player disconnecting wireless connection

What is the Model number of the Router...?

Try to change the Wireless Channel on the router and do the Advance Wireless Settings on the router like...Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,RTS Threshold to 2307. 

AlbusCC

I have the same problem with my sony blu-ray s560. When I try to connect it to the internet, it disconnect every other computer in the house and it fixes itself when i close the blu-ray.

My router is a WRT54GS with firmware v7.5

ghost1807

Yeah, I've got the same model just v6. I'll try those suggestions, for now we've just disabled the wireless for the player
Tortuga

I'm having the exact same problem with my Sony S570 Blu ray...it tries to connect to my WRT54GX (version 1, latest firmware) and then fails, shutting down the whole network and forcing me to reboot the router.  If I leave the Blu ray on while I reboot the router, it won't come back.  I have to turn off the blu ray and reboot the router again before it shows up on any of my computers.

Everything I've tried here and elsewhere has not fixed the problem.

mhurley13

I just tried to set up my Sony BDP-S570 Blu Ray player over Wireless to my Linksys WRT54GX4 and found the same result...

1) The Blu Ray player fails to connect to my router

2) ALL other devices that were connected to the router disconnect

Nothing will reconnect to the wireless network until the Blu Ray player is powered off.

This is crazy...if we are all seeing this why is there no fix?!

mhurley13

I got the fix in case anyone else has this issue. Here is the response from Sony support and it does the trick:

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I'm sorry as the Blu-ray Player does not connect to the Wireless Router. Based on the information you've provided, I suggest that you update the Firmware and check the operation. Please click on the URL below to download the Blu-ray Disc Player Firmware Upgrade (version M04.R.588):

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=5779&mdl=BDPS570

Thank you for your time.

The Sony Email Response Team

rbreaker9

CONNOT CONNECT TO MYPANOSONIC DMP-BDT210

THE BLU-RAY PLAYERS WI FI SEACH DOESN'T FIND THE ROUTER. DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE ENCRYPTION CODE.

jfmoen

Re: CONNOT CONNECT TO MYPANOSONIC DMP-BDT210

Check your network settings.  Run the connection test.  Everything must pass. This sounds like a setup issue.  You may want to reset to factory and start over...takes less then 5 mins..... I did it to mine.... things settled down after.  Make sure you get private IP with the corredt default gateway.  I did notice when it failed on me, that the default gateway was blank.... reset took care of issue.