BobStokesbary
Accepted Solution

Can I attach mulitple USB devices on my router now that Cloud Connect has installed VUSB?

Part of the Cisco Cloud Connect adds a program (Cisco VUSB) to your system when you add a USB printer. In the past you could not put mulitple devices on the router USB port. Does this new software allow you to put more than one USB device on the USB port on the EA... routers?

Expert
zee29

Re: Can I attach mulitple USB devices on my router now that Cloud Connect has installed VUSB?

I don't think there's an update for this one. I've checked the release notes for the latest firmware (the one for cisco connect cloud). It's still one usb device for the virtual USB. Nothing new about the usb part. It's only going to be a printer OR a storage device and not both or more.

release notes 4500.JPG

BobStokesbary

Re: Can I attach mulitple USB devices on my router now that Cloud Connect has installed VUSB?

Thank you. That was what appeared to be true when I tried to add a drive to the USB port I have configured for my HP1200 printer. But, I thought it might have been the drive. I do have to say that the VUSB software makes it easier to add a printer than the former configuration.

Thanks again for the information.

isevilla

I found this program on accident as I was unable to get my new ea4500 router to see my attached external hard drive that is connected to the usb port.

It seems that this program found the external drive with no problem and has it showing up on the computer as a drive that is physically connected to the computer.

Even though I now get to see the external drive via this vusb program I am still unable to get the features such as the media server etc or anything related to the external drive to be seen or work from the external usb page of the cisco connect web interface.

So, for now at least I can access the files that are on the drive.  This is a terrible work around for someting that should be working right out of the box especially at a $200 price point.

Jake_2.0

I think you can still enable the media server feature of this device, just access the CCC ui then go to USB Storage, then media server and frpm then you can now enable media server.

isevilla

Jake_2.0 wrote:

I think you can still enable the media server feature of this device, just access the CCC ui then go to USB Storage, then media server and frpm then you can now enable media server.

You cant enable the media server through the router's config page because the router itself doesnt see it connected to the router.  Media server through the router only works if it can see it.

You can however map the drive using the vusb program and have your media devies point directly to the folder that has the music files.  I havent tried as of yet so dont really know if it would work but I really dont see why not.

Then again anything to not work properly is possible with this router at this point.  It cant even see a hd connected to its usb natively so who knows.

opheliaimmortal23

isevilla wrote:

Jake_2.0 wrote:

You cant enable the media server through the router's config page because the router itself doesnt see it connected to the router.  Media server through the router only works if it can see it.

You can however map the drive using the vusb program and have your media devies point directly to the folder that has the music files.  I havent tried as of yet so dont really know if it would work but I really dont see why not.

Then again anything to not work properly is possible with this router at this point.  It cant even see a hd connected to its usb natively so who knows.

Do you mean that your external hard drive is not detected by the Cisco Connect Cloud? So of course with that you cannot enable the media server.