Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
buckyswider

Can I view the .cfg file without overwriting the active config?

[ Edited ]
Hello, Comcast just made me install a new modem (to be fair, my speakeasy DL times have doubled to about 20mb!) and it disabled routing through my WRT54G(rev 1).  Router would get an IP and all config info, client would connect, but couldn't get to the outside world.

Perusing these forums, I found something that would work....I reset the router back to factory config, cloned my PC's MAC again, and, viola, everything works.

However, there's a good load of stuff I need to re-apply from my prior config....some inbound routing, and a whole load of MAC addresses (stuff like the babysitter's laptop, which I don't have easy access to) so I'td be best to load up this config file somehow, and just enter the data into the running config...

SO, is there a way to view the contents of an archived .cfg file without overwriting the active (working) config?

Thanks.

Message Edited by buckyswider on 07-10-2007 06:13 PM
dibbler

Re: Can I view the .cfg file without overwriting the active config?

well i don't think you can view .cfg file...
aquirozv

Re: Can I view the .cfg file without overwriting the active config?

Please try web site http://not.a.ladydeals.com/LinksysRouterConfigurationDecode/index.php to look into backup file. They will not ask or doubt what to do with this information.