Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can not map shared external USB drive

[ Edited ]

I am having an interesting problem.

I am running W10 and have an EA9500 router; I plugged in the external drive into the router as I have in the past and while the media server and ftp services work without an issue, the shared folder service is not working over the WLAN.  I have tried switching from DCHP to statatic IP addressing and back again.  I have changed every sharing setting I can in W10, but to no avail.  Very frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

JP

Re: Can not map shared external USB drive

Hi, josh.perry13. Was this working fine before or this is your first time to try it out? Please check if the folder access is "Off". Are all wireless devices unable to access the shared folder? Did you receive any error message? You may also try to reboot the router and see if it helps.

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support
Expert

[ Edited ]

@josh.perry13 wrote:

I am having an interesting problem.

I am running W10 and have an EA9500 router; I plugged in the external drive into the router as I have in the past and while the media server and ftp services work without an issue, the shared folder service is not working over the WLAN.  I have tried switching from DCHP to statatic IP addressing and back again.  I have changed every sharing setting I can in W10, but to no avail.  Very frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

JP

Try enabling:

Control Panel => Programs & Features => Turn Windows features on or off => SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

This is the first time trying to get this to work with the 9500.  My last router worked just fine as pertaining to shared drive folder access.  In the manage external storage interface, there is no on/off shared folder access.  Just "secured" folder access off/on.  I have tried both.

I received the W10 network error code 0x80070035 "Network path not found" when it tries to connect.  I have tried to reboot the router several times.

Cheers,

JP

That was the one!  With all of the settings for comptability there are out there, how does one keep them all straight!  Crazy!

Thanks again!

JP