Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bschroeder83

Can't Connect to Brother Printer

I have had the E4200 for a while with a Brother MFC-J615W printer.  I have been having problems keeping the connection between my laptop(HP) and the printer ever since I switched to this router.  The only thing that works is completely reinstalling the driver, and then it is touchy when searching the network for the printer.  The port and IP address for my printer match, and when I tried pinging my printer, I do not have any success.  My laptop registers the printer as offline, as does the router when I go into the devices on the router(via mylocalrouter).  To spot check the issue, I have switched the router back to my old one(Belkin) and the printer works flawlessly.  I have always been able to connect the printer to the network without any problems, but my laptop and router dont recognize it.  Any suggestions on what I need to do to fix this issue?

jaymay

Re: Can't Connect to Brother Printer

Make sure that the networks (2.4GHz and 5GHz) have unique names for you to identify which network you are connecting to and for you to check on which network are you having problems with. You can also try changing the channel in the router – for the 2.4GHz network, try 1, 3, 6, or 9. Set the security to WPA2 Personal. You can also try resetting the network settings in the printer and try connecting to the wireless network.