Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
sinkoklahomasink
Accepted Solution

Can't access router settings???

I changed the router's IP to 192.168.2.1 due to the same situation as this http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-19114-motorola-2210-dsl-modem-with-wrt54g-linksys and now I can't access my settings I have tried the both pips and nothing and I can't seem to get my linksys wrt54gs v7.2 to let two computers be on the internet at the same time both can be on the network but on one on the internet any help will be greatly appreciated

hiptechboy

Re: Can't access router settings???

[ Edited ]

You need to put your dsl modem into bridge mode. Then enter your PPPoE settings into the router. You might have to powercycle (unplug power for 30seconds) your modem when connecting diifferent devices to it. You said that  you can't connect to the router @ 192.168.2.1 ?

You can use this as a guide after you put the modem into bridge mode. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
sinkoklahomasink

no i can't gain access to my router settings via ip addy 192.168.2.1 or .1.1 any ideas about how to get back into settings?

Gabby

Check your IP address. Open command prompt and type ipconfig

Look for the default gateway.

sinkoklahomasink

[ Edited ]

found out how to resest router now i have access to the settings again now i'm trying all ideas 

sinkoklahomasink

hiptech i can't try your idea because when i plug my ethernet cable from the modem into the internet port on my router it doesn'/t work but if i plug it into the 1st slot on the router part it works it weird

hiptechboy

What exactly did you change in the router and modem?

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.