@NO_SCREENNAME@

Can't associate EA6500 to my Smart Wifi account

Hi,

I have a problem with my EA6500 router. I can't connect to the internet, the connexion works fine. But, everytime i go on the smart wifi login page, i enter my login and password and then i'm asked to download the software for my EA6500 and to associate it with my account. 

The problem is that i just can't update it manually because i couldn't ever go on the tools page. Never.

So i'm here with a great router but i can't configure it. 

I asked the support service several times but they always asked me to reset the router. Nothing changes.

I 'm still unable to process after the login page, i have created a account successfully, i can login but everytime i just get stucked at " Associate your router with your account" page. My only options there is to click on OKAY or a link to download the firmware on Linksys support. I get the firmware but i can't install it because i can't go in the administrative page. 

So basically, i can't connect to the cisco connect cloud service. Anyone can help ?

Thanks in advance

Expert
zee29

Re: Can't associate EA6500 to my Smart Wifi account

It is actually good that your internet is working. If it prompts you to upgrade the firmware of your router, then you need to do that. You need to access the router locally. Instead of using linksyssmartwifi.com type in the address bar myrouter.local or 192.168.1.1 (if this is the gateway address). This will allow you to access the router locally and manage your router settings.

@NO_SCREENNAME@

Okay i'll try to do that when i go back at my place. Thank you for your answer !

RouterGeek

Could you sort this out?

I have just posted a similar question. I cannot associate my account although the direct HTTP access to the router (EA2700) works fine.

ScarletJamie

RouterGeek wrote:

Could you sort this out?

I have just posted a similar question. I cannot associate my account although the direct HTTP access to the router (EA2700) works fine.

Hi RouterGeek,

I posted an answer here http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Cannot-associate-Smart-Wi-Fi-Account-with-Router-th.... You can just reset the router and reconfigure. You can then proceed to access the settings locally and it should already be asking for the router password.