Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reclaim3r

Can't connect to 192.168.1.1

Hello, I have been having a lot of problems with my WRT54G2 V1.0 (Firmware up to date). First off, I constantly have to reset the router so that me and my roommate can have internet. It seems that whenever one of our computers goes to sleep, the computer can't reconnect without the router being reset. This sounds like an IP issue, so I set up static IPs on our computer and now they work fine. But I would prefer not having to use static IPs so if anyone knows the solution to this problem that would be great.

But another problem I have is I cannot connect to 192.168.1.1. This problem occurs both with and without the static IPs, and with wireless or wired connections,. After a reset of the router, I am able to connect to 192.168.1.1 for a short period of time, but then like an hour later, I just get the message "Problem loading page." During this time, I still have internet access. I have reset the router to factory defaults many times with the problem still occuring.

I have also tried 2 different modems and 2 different routers. So it's not a problem with a specific router.

Any insight or solution to this problem would be GREATLY appreciated. It has been frustrating me for a couple of months now  :smileymad:

Thanks

Reclaim3r

Re: Can't connect to 192.168.1.1

Anyone?
Mort

When you computer is connected to the Wireless Network and you leave your computer On without using it and it goes to the Standby mode, and when you resume you computer, it wont connect to your wirelessly network automatically. These is the basic problem with all the Microsoft OS. In these you need to Restart your computer or you need to Disconnect and Re-connect to your Wireless Network...

When your computer is connected to your wireless network, before your try to login to the setup page of your Router, Disable the Firewall and Antivirus on your computer and then try to login to the Router setup page...And you can try to use Internet Explorer to login to the Router setup page. 

If still the same problem persist then you can Re-Flash the firmware on your Router and reset your router and re-configure all the settings back on your Router. 

Reclaim3r

I have a Mac and my roommate has a PC. We both don't have problems on other networks with our computers going to sleep and automatically connecting back to the network, only on our network. I have re-flashed the firmware on the router and the problem still exists. On my Mac, I have no firewall or antivirus program, so that's not whats causing it either.
Mort

Since you have already Re-Flash the firmware on your Router, have you resetted your Router and re-configured all the settings back on your Router from scratch? If not then Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...
Reclaim3r

I have also reset my router from scratch many times, without it fixing the problem.
Mort

Check the ip address whenever you try to access the linksys setup page using 192.168.1.1...If you are getting the ip address 192.168.1.x ands gateway as 192.168.1.1 then,try to ping the gateway and check if you are getting the 4 replies...If you are getting the 4 replies then,it should work...