Rike255
Accepted Solution

Can't connect to Linksys Administration page of my WRT54G v.6

Hello,

I recently moved to a new house and brought my old router with me.  I had set-up this router a long time ago at my old place, but when I hooked it up here, I'm unable to connect to the Linksys Admin page (http://192.168.1.1 for example).  I think I changed the router IP to 192.168.1.101...it was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly.  Tried finding out what it was by typing "ipconfig" into command prompt and using the "Default Gateway" IP address as the router address but that didn't work.

I tried resetting the router to factory default settings by holding the reset button for 30 seconds then connecting to http://192.168.1.1 but that doesn't help.  When I release the reset button, the power light just continues to blink quickly until I unplug the router.

I can get to the internet with no issues, however I noticed that I hook up my router differently than the instructions provided here.  I connect an ethernet cable from my modem to 1 of the 4 ports on the router (just like my laptop) rather than the "internet" port on the back.  Don't know if that's related or not, or even what's causing it.

I'm using Windows Vista on my laptop if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Ryan 

oook

Re: Can't connect to Linksys Administration page of my WRT54G v.6

The modem should be connected at the internet port on the router and the conputer on one of the 4 ports on the router...Now check if you are able to ping the default gateway of the router. If you are getting 4 replies then, do the broser settings on the computer......Open an IE, click Tools >> Internet Options, then Click on Delete and delete all files, cookies, history, forms...Goto "Connections", make sure Never Dial a Connection is checked, click on LAN Settings and make sure all the options are unchecked...Once you are done click on O.k...Close the IE and re-open it...

Now try to open the setup page of linksys by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.You can also try by different computer.

Rike255

Thanks it was a problem with the connection from the modem to the router internet jack.
Beepa

This is the first time I've tried getting into the administration page of my router since acquiring a  Windows 7 laptop.  Everything else works great, and has for the past several months.  But today when I tried to access the administration system of the router, I got nothing but  a blank screen after entering the password.  If I enter a different password, I don't get past the login window, so I'm confident I'm entering the correct password -- still using admin.  What I can't figure out is why I get nothing but an empty screen after entering the password.  Anyone got any idea of how to work around this?

Expert
sabretooth

Have you power cycled the router?  Do that.  If not you may have to hard reset it and reconfigure.

Beepa

Rebooting the router fixed it!  Thanks very much.