Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Adavicro

Can't connect to xbox live

I properly installed my WRT54G wireless router and have my internet working fine on my computer. All the proper lights are working on the router as well.  I am having difficulty connecting to xbox live.  I am using the xbox wireless adapter also.  My xbox recognizes the network and has 4 green bars so the connection is good.  It is set up to infrastructure, and the security and SSID are correct.  When i try to test my connection, it says "Wireless Network Not Connected".  Apparently my xbox notices the network but I cant get them connected.  Someone please help, I greatly appreciate it.  Merry Christmas!
sherry2

Re: Can't connect to xbox live

I just did the exact same thing and got the same message. When I did the test the first time, under the WPA key, I typed in Personal. When I ran the test, I got the same message as you. then I typed in the Encryption Key letters and numbers instead(it's a 22 digit code) of Personal, and the test ran fine until I got down to X Box Live-it said FAILED. This is now where I am stuck.
Adavicro

The security setting is set to WPA. I Tried both entering my WEP Encryption Key as well as my WPA "password"

If someone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.  My xbox apparently recognizes my network but it cannot "connect".  Thanks for any help!
binky

check whether any other wireless device / computer can connect to the wireless network..if yes, i think that the issue is with teh x-box..if you do not have any wireless computer to check the connection .. verify whether the x-box can connect to the router without any wireless security enabled..

let me know the results..