Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
heyman

Can't enable PPPoE on the router

I bought a WRT54G2 router and connect to DSL network.  However, i can't enable PPPoE on the router using router’s web-based setup page.  Please help.

Expert
Expert

Re: Can't enable PPPoE on the router

You have to explain why you cannot enable it. What do you do exactly? What happens exactly? From what you write it is unclear whether you can set it up but it does not work or you try to enter the PPPoE information in the router and you get an error messages or or or...
Mort

Are you getting any Error message while you enable PPPoE on your router. May be you can try Deleteing Cookies of your IE and after this you can try making the changes on your Router.
heyman

Thank for the reply.  I've follow the steps of this link http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3687&p_created=11513...

I've done all the steps from 1-6.  However, when i click Setup then look for Internet Connection Type and select PPPoE on the drop-down arrow (step 7).  There internet connection type still remain Automatic Configuration - DHCP.  No User Name and Password fields come up... So i stop there and can't figure out what happen.  Please help.

Expert
Expert

What browser do you use? Try to clear the cache and cookies. If you run a firewall or antivirus software on your computer disable it completely. PFW and AV software likes to mess with JavaScript in web sites and the router uses a lot of JavaScript...
heyman

I use window internet explorer.  I've cleared the cache and cookies.  I've also diabled firewall and antivirus. Then re-run all the steps but still can't enable PPPoE! 
Expert
Expert

Maybe your IE settings are messed up, e.g. JavaScript is disabled. Maybe your security software changed the settings. You can try to reset IE (Control Panel - Internet Options - Advanced tab - Reset... - Reset). This should put all settings back into the original state. After that, try to access the web interface again.

You can also try to use a different browser. Firefox usually works.