Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
francot

Can't find CD for WRT54g. Can I download

Hi.
I can not find the CD for my WRT54g router. Is there any place to download the setup info?

Thanks in advance
JM

Re: Can't find CD for WRT54g. Can I download

What do you need the setup CD for?

If for setting up your Internet behind the router, you don't have to use the set-up CD. If you can get online with your modem, you can use their online tool to setup your router - Easy Connect. Select the NetSet tool.

Mr. Francot,

You can only use  NetSet assistant if your computer is running on windows XP. If not, even without the CD, you can still setup the router using the manual configuration. Its by using the setup page of the router (192.168.1.1), default password is admin.

You can also visit linksys' knowledgebase to check for the step by step procedure on how to set up the router.

Here's the link - www.linksys.com/kb.

Hope this helps.
"When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece."
francot

Thanks.
JM's suggestion worked.
Tony_Funches

Without internet access, I can't utilize your online "Advisor" to install the WRT54gs (V5) router & am borrowing a friends WinXP laptop, while my system is a MAC G4 (10.3.9) desktop tower. The WIRELESS router is needed because the apt isn't hard wired & the modem (Motorola sb5100) is across the house where the cable DOES exist. All I've tried to do is download an install program (DMG?), but all I could find was a firmware upgrade  & it's BIN file I have no capability of opening; Stuffit tells me it's an "uncompressed file" & advises me to contact YOU!

Fiendishly Ridiculous is what I call it ...

I'm 64 years old, retired on Social Security, so going out & buying new or recent stuff isn't an option ...

Thanks for ANY help you can provide ...

Cheers

Tony Funches

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Hi Tony_Funches and welcome to the forums!

You can configure the router manually using any computer that you can temporarily connect to the router via wire. Instructions are below.

Setting Up a Router with Cable Internet Service

Setting up a Linksys router for DSL Internet connection

Let us know if it helps.

Tony_Funches

Thank You Sir! I'M MORE THAN EXHAUSTED TONIGHT, & WILL ATTEMPT YOUR INSTRUCTIONS IN THE MORNING AFTER A POT OF COFFEE (& 2 shots of whiskey) ... I'll report back @ that time with Kudos to you & Tea Birther Jokes ...

Cheers ...

TF

jcwyss@yahoo.com

If you wish to customize the login user name, you need the CD. You can not change the username without resetting the router and using the CD. The online interface does not allow changes to the user name.

BTW, the default user name is to leave it blank.

Expert
sabretooth

You can not change the username at all.  This will always be 'admin'.  However you can change the password in the GUI by going to 192.168.1.1. 

Omeez

I need the installation cd because I have a password on my wireless connection and I have a new hard drive. I forgot my password. How can I reset it on the router or take the password off??