Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bkayleo

Can't get my Kindle connected to my home network.

It keeps saying my password is incorrect, but I checked on the main computer (where the router is) and I used the password from there.  All 3 of our computers can get on this network.  What is the problem?  It's driving me crazy!!

Gstone25

Re: Can't get my Kindle connected to my home network.

I have the same problem.  Trying to connect wi-fi to my Nook tablet and the router is asking for a password.  I connected my laptop to the router without a password.  I don't know of any password. Thanks,

bkayleo

Yes, exactly.  My laptops are attached without any problems.  Hope somebody can help us.

Expert
sabretooth

Very simple.  Remove all passwords and security from the router and computers.  Now attempt to connect without any security.  If you can and verify it, go back and add security back on both the router and computer.

bkayleo

Well, I didn't know how to remove the passwords, etc, but last night for some odd reason, I got connected!  Thanks everyone for your help.  It's really appreciated.

mab1277

Could you explain how to do that ? Please

Mary

Wendel48

bkayleo wrote:

It keeps saying my password is incorrect, but I checked on the main computer (where the router is) and I used the password from there.  All 3 of our computers can get on this network.  What is the problem?  It's driving me crazy!!

I think the password it's asking for is the encryption key for your wireless network. Using a computer, log into the router and copy the encryption key. Then when the Kindle asks for a password, use that key. Copy and paste may be a good idea.

The other option is to disable wireless encryption on the router and then see if the Kindle will connect. If it connects then you know the problem is the encryption key that the Kindle needs.

opheliaimmortal23

mab1277 wrote:

Could you explain how to do that ? Please

Mary

Hi there. I found this online.

To connect to a Wi-Fi network:

1. Press the Home button, then press the Menu button

2. Navigate to "Settings" by moving the 5-way controller down, then press the 5-way controller to select.

3. Select "view" next to "Wi-Fi Settings" to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. Kindle automatically scans for available Wi-Fi networks at periodic intervals. To rescan for available networks at any time, select "rescan”.

4. Select "connect" to connect to a network. If you see a lock symbol next to "connect," the network requires a password to connect.

5. If necessary, enter the Wi-Fi network password, and choose "submit." Press the Symbol key to enter numbers or characters not present on the Kindle keyboard.

Wendel48