P. Ham

Can't log into router because of connect cloud

How do I get past this slow connect cloud b.s.?  Now it's stopping me from logging into my router all together.  I keep getting a message "we've encountered an unexpected error" blah blah blah.  I can't get past it.  I've already rebooted my router.

Wendel48

Re: Can't log into router because of connect cloud

Call Cisco and tell them you want your old firmware back so you can access YOUR router from your computer, not Cisco's cloud.
P. Ham

*Sigh*  I really don't want to be on the phone foreever just to end up with something like "you have to reset your router to factory settings".  I don't have time for that.  People in my office need me to change (verify) a password to the guest network.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

I was able to connect to the cloud thing yesterday.  Nothing changed since then.  Why can't I connect now?  I'm guessing it's a cloud website issue and it'll clear up soon.  I just want to go back to original firmware now.  This cloud thing doesn't give me anything new or better.....only slower and now, nothing at all.

Wendel48

If you have an EA4500 router, the original firmware is posted here so you can downgrade back to what works consistently. Here's the thread in this forum: http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/EA4500-weird-login-screen-can-t-login/td-p/535846... Second to last post from bottom. People have used this successfully, if you read the next page. Remember to disable Auto Updates or you'll get the cloud forced down your throat again.
P. Ham

Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately I've got the EA3500...same as you I see.  Thanks for the help though.

I just tried logging in again and this time I finally got through for whatever reason.  I hate relying on the cloud to use my equipment.  It's out of my control.  This has taught me a lesson.....don't auto update any more.  I've turn off that "feature" now.....a little too late.  Hopefully the old EA3500 firmware will pop up soon.

Wendel48

I have feelers out for the EA3500 and may brave tech support since users of the EA4500 have been given old firmware by tech support with the caveat it's unsupported. I'll post any firmware if I get it. Would be nice for Cisco to save us all this hassle and simply post it since they're giving it out anyway. Why rub salt in the wounds by making us work to get something that's rightfully ours? Great PR!
Wendel48

@ P.Ham

Check your forum messages

P. Ham

Thanks Wendel!

ScarletJamie

[ Edited ]
Good thing about this cloud thingy it will allow you to access your router, configure and check your home network instantly from wherever you are.

P. Ham

OK....but I was able to do that before the cloud?  Not sure where you are going with this.  Cisco has done a pretty good job of advertising that feature already so I am well aware.  Accessing my settings from outside my network wasn't something I did much anyway....and honestly probably isn't most secure thing to enable.  But thanks anyway.