Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
astrodoc71

Can't open IP address

everything was working fine until i tried setting up a range extender for the router. at first it worked but then no computers could connect although the signal was strong. i tried reconfiguring the extender and then no connection was possible at all through the router. i think i screwed up a step in the process by not resetting the extender before reconfiguring so i disconnected it and reconnected directly to the modem and figured i would just start over but for some reason i can no longer open the IP address of the router. what now?
Expert
sabretooth

Re: Can't open IP address

What router? What range extender?  What modem? What OS?  No model numbers or firmware revisions...
astrodoc71

sorry about that. router WRT54G2 1.5, extender hawking HWREG1. windows xp pro sp3. it does look like i got it to work now. what i did was i connected the computer directly to modem and confirmed internet was working. then i reconnected to router and then i was able to open ip address of router. i saw that all of my previous settings were intact so i didn't change anything. then i reconfigured the extender and everything seems to work now. not sure what happened.
Wizzard

[ Edited ]
Try this link to configure the Range Expander.Make sure that the wireless settings of the router and the range expander should be same..
Message Edited by Wizzard on 12-21-2009 11:36 AM