Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
winton

Can't reconnect to my wireless router

I have a linksys model WRT54GS to connect my laptop from my desktop pc. I went to my daughters in another town where my son-in-law entered his wireless connection in my laptop to connect it there. When I came home, I am unable to reconnect to my wireless router. My laptop is vista and my pc is windows XP. Can anyone help?
binky

Re: Can't reconnect to my wireless router

You can readjust the wireless settings on your Router and then try to connect on your laptop...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab
- Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
- Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...
- Set the Wireless channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...
Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...

For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bit.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters eg: your 10 digit phone number) and click on save settings...
Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

winton

Re: Can't reconnect to my wireless router

Thank You, I have my laptop reconnected. I appreciate your expertise.