Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
x15mnij

Cannot access EA4500 configuration page

Hi,

I've had this EA4500 for over 8 months and have never had a problem accessing its config page at https://192.168.1.1. But starting today, I can't access it from either Mac OS X or Windows machines. One is wired, one is wifi. Any ideas?

Should i just hit the reset button? Otherwise, it's working fine, i.e. i have internet access going through it. But one other thing that's wrong is that i can no longer access its twonky media server. i can navite the songs on the connected USB disk, but can't play them. So something weird is going on. I can ping it fine, but nothing else.

regards,

js.

Expert
sabretooth

Re: Cannot access EA4500 configuration page

Power cycle it first.  If no joy, hard reset the router and try again.

louise100111

Re: Cannot access EA4500 configuration page

x15mnij wrote:

Hi,

I've had this EA4500 for over 8 months and have never had a problem accessing its config page at https://192.168.1.1. But starting today, I can't access it from either Mac OS X or Windows machines. One is wired, one is wifi. Any ideas?

Should i just hit the reset button? Otherwise, it's working fine, i.e. i have internet access going through it. But one other thing that's wrong is that i can no longer access its twonky media server. i can navite the songs on the connected USB disk, but can't play them. So something weird is going on. I can ping it fine, but nothing else.

regards,

js.

I agree with sabretooth  alright. :smileywink:

Make sure you're using the correct IP address for the router and check the IP address and try to ping. If it works at least you have some connectivity to it and the cable is good. Sometimes a corrupt firmware can cause to be the router useless. Try updating to the newest one from the Linksys website. The last option is to reset the router to the factory defaults and reconfigure.