Reply
monstro
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎08-12-2012

Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help

Hi, I just bough Linksys E1200, downloaded setup software, ran it, all setup went fine, no errors, but at the end I got the screen saying that can establish internet connection.

The steps are totally simple. Did exactly as instructed.'

Modem, connected to a PC directly give internet no problem.

Modem, connected to the router, and router connected to PC - no internet.

And... It's all wired at this moment, all connected with network cable.

What could be wrong if I followed instructions to the letter?

 

Thanks.

VALETLINKSYS
Posts: 438
Registered: ‎10-16-2011

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help


monstro wrote:

Hi, I just bough Linksys E1200, downloaded setup software, ran it, all setup went fine, no errors, but at the end I got the screen saying that can establish internet connection.

The steps are totally simple. Did exactly as instructed.'

Modem, connected to a PC directly give internet no problem.

Modem, connected to the router, and router connected to PC - no internet.

And... It's all wired at this moment, all connected with network cable.

What could be wrong if I followed instructions to the letter?

 

Thanks.


Was the message You are now connected to your router but Cant determine if you are connected to the internet ?

 

And can u pls give more details ?

 

Internet Service Provider ?

No of computers ?





I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
monstro
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎08-12-2012

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help

[ Edited ]

Yes, exactly.

 

Connected to the router, but cant connect to the internet.

Tried to click Repair button, got this screen, still have the problem.

ISP Teksavvy, works perfectly.

1 modem, 1 PC, 1 router, all conected via network cable, and Teksavvy cable internet.

 

 

Image03.png

VALETLINKSYS
Posts: 438
Registered: ‎10-16-2011

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help


monstro wrote:

Yes, exactly.

 

Connected to the router, but cant connect to the internet.

Tried to click Repair button, got this screen, still have the problem.

ISP Teksavvy, works perfectly.

1 modem, 1 PC, 1 router, all conected via network cable, and Teksavvy cable internet.

 

 

Image03.png


Thanks !

 

So your ISP is Teksavvy and that's DSL right ?

 

Is your computer connected to the modem right now ?

 

Here what you can do ...

 

  1. Make sure the modem is connected to the internet port of the router and internet light should be lit
  2. Powercycle the modem and the router for 30 secs
  3. Make sure to turn off the modem first then the router after
  4. After 30 secs power on back the modem then after that the router  , then try the internet

 

 

If this will not work try , do you have a username and password from your ISP ?

If none , can you pls check the IP address of your modem ?





I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
monstro
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎08-12-2012

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help

[ Edited ]

Thanks, internet is cable.

I did all the restarts before like a thousand times.

Every time I need to reply here I have to disconnect the router and connect modem to the PC again :smileyhappy:

It was supposed to be absolutely simple. I have spent a day already :smileysad:

And yes, I tried again, powercycling as you said (same way I did before), no results.

My configuration is as simple as it could possibly be.

 

VALETLINKSYS
Posts: 438
Registered: ‎10-16-2011

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help

Well for that you should be able to go online . Make sure the modem is totally off . There are some cable modems that have back batteries .





I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
ScarletJamie
Posts: 1,534
Registered: ‎04-22-2012

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help


monstro wrote:

Thanks, internet is cable.

I did all the restarts before like a thousand times.

Every time I need to reply here I have to disconnect the router and connect modem to the PC again :smileyhappy:

It was supposed to be absolutely simple. I have spent a day already :smileysad:

And yes, I tried again, powercycling as you said (same way I did before), no results.

My configuration is as simple as it could possibly be.

 


 

What version of Cisco connect are you using?

 

monstro
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎08-12-2012

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help

They sell routers with defective firmware :smileysad:

Unce I updated the firmware, it worked.

This is just terrible.

Dont they have test team in China to test things before they sell them?

VALETLINKSYS
Posts: 438
Registered: ‎10-16-2011

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help

The firmware is not really deffective , maybe the router you purchase has been in the store for how many months already .





I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
ScarletJamie
Posts: 1,534
Registered: ‎04-22-2012

Re: Cannot connect to internet with Linksys E1200, please help


monstro wrote:

They sell routers with defective firmware :smileysad:

Unce I updated the firmware, it worked.

This is just terrible.

Dont they have test team in China to test things before they sell them?


Try to reconfigure the router manually (make sure firmware is updated).

 

* Setting up a Linksys router with Cable Internet service

 

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=0ff4c94586a345d082828ec2161aaecf_3686.xml&pid=80&r...