sahilnanda

Cannot connect to wireless network from my mobile

I have a Linksys WRH54G which I have been using for about and year now. Everything was working perfectly when today, for no apparent reason my mobile phone stopped connecting to the wireless network. Yes, I know there could be some problem with my phone but I want your help to make sure that my router is not at fault. I have reset the router and setup everything from scratch. That did not help.

RogerSC

Re: Cannot connect to wireless network from my mobile

When you say mobile phone, do you mean cell/smart phone?  If so, on the cell phone, try forgetting your network, and start over configuring the the cell phone for your wireless network.  The settings on the phone might be screwed up, as often happens when you make several tries at configuring something, so starting over can sometimes help solve this kind of problem.

sahilnanda

Smartphone - LG Optimus Black. I've already done that several times now. Did not help.

quack

As you have mentioned that your Smart Phone was connecting to the Wireless Network at your place and it stopped working for no reason whatsoever....That thing seems to be just unusual....For that very reason i believe, what simply you should have tried is, changing the name of your wireless network to something different to what you were connecting with, as your Smart phone may or may not connect to the same name any more....

Also, check out whether Internet is actually working on your Router or not....then you have already mentioned that you did reset and re-configured your router....so changing the name of your wireless network should sort this out....If it continues then try changing the wireless channel on your router to something else and that should help your cause.....

sahilnanda

I hate to say this, but I've tried al the above mentioned suggestions. Still no connectivity :smileysad:

sahilnanda

Now what's happening is that my phone shows the wirless network, but as soon as I enter my password and hit connect, the network changes to 'Not in range'.

Administrator
24JUAN80

Try to connect another working device the same time you try with your LG. If the other device works perfect with no drop outs then it might be a problem with your Phones Radio. Fixing such would require S-off and flashing to the latest radio from your operator, or simply have it replaced from where you bought it.

Is the LG working ok connecting to networks other than with the WRH54G?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sahilnanda

Even my mom's Nokia doesn't pick up the wifi signal. That is how I determined that the problem is with my router and not my phone. And yes, my LG is connecting to other wifi networks without any issues.

Administrator
24JUAN80

Remove the security of the router temporarily and try connecting. Try to also switch channels and check if it makes a difference.

The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
sahilnanda

On removing the security my phone detected the wifi network, but when I hit the connect option nothing happened. I hit connect once or twice and then, the same thing, the wifi network changed to 'not in range'.