Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
pedersja

Cannot set up second laptop computer to wireless router (WRT54GS)

This morning, I set up the first laptop computer to this wireless network. Then, I tried to set up a second laptop computer without success. The error message is that the ADVISOR program (on the second laptop) did not recognize the ROUTER.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program on the second laptop computer but still got the same error message. I powered down the ROUTER and turn it back on without any success. I have unplugged the cable and replug it into another port on the ROUTER with the same error messge.

Would appreciate advice on getting the second laptop computer on the wireless network.
k6ncx

Re: Cannot set up second laptop computer to wireless router (WRT54GS)

ADVISOR program? What's that?

Unless you are using MAC filtering or static IPs, you don't have to set anything up in your router for another computer to connect.

And if you're trying to make a wireless connection, what's the cable you unplugged and plugged into a different port?
pedersja

This wireless router came with a program that is loaded on the HOST PC that is wired to the computer.

I was following instructions on how to add another computer to the network.

i just tried to reconfigure my wireless connetion manually. i just made sure that I have the wireless name (ssid) and the wep key. make sure that the wireless switch on your laptop is on.