Eightysixx

Cannot upgrade firmware to WRT54G v5

My Linksys WRT54G router has been dropping out lately and I've been recommended to update its firmware as it is very out-of-date. Well, everytime I try to upgrade the firmware to it, I get an error message that says "the connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." I'm trying to upgrade the firmware through the router's site 192.168.1.1 under the adminstration tab. What else can I do to upgrade the firmware as that option is not working?

Eightysixx

Re: Cannot upgrade firmware to WRT54G v5

Hello??? Is anyone there?? Maybe I should just buy another router and forget the whole thing. It's time for a new one anyway; I've had that one for 5 years.

vai_fan

Re: Cannot upgrade firmware to WRT54G v5

Before updating the firmware of your router, you will need to download the updated firmware file from homesupport.cisco.com. Firmware files are in .bin format.

• To prevent upgrade failures make sure that your computer is connected to the router using an Ethernet cable for stable connectivity. Upgrading the firmware wirelessly may cause permanent damage to the router since wireless connection may be unstable during the process.

• Use a different Internet browser if Internet Explorer doesn’t work or use a different computer to perform the upgrade.

• To prevent failure disable firewall to ensure that the upgrade will not be disrupted.

• Make sure that you downloaded the correct firmware and version for your device to prevent technical problems that may damage the router.

Here is the link for upgrading the router's firmware http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=4030&userrole=Linksy...