Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hady10452

Cant get into my router

Hi everyone just wanted to ask if anyone has had this problem before. When i put in 192.168.1.1 into my browser it wont connect to my router, so i went into CMD and i put in "ipconfig" and i get this as my default gateway "24.147.52.1" but still that wont let me connect to my router. Also i have 3 total PCs 2 wired and 1 wireless, Only 1 wired can connect to the internet and the other 2 cant. What should i do to resolve this problem? Thank you Hady
toomanydonuts

Re: Cant get into my router

Your router is not set up correctly.

One possible cause is that you connected your modem to a numbered LAN port on your router.  You should connect the modem to the Internet port on the router.

Also, if your modem has a USB port, disconnect any wire from it.

If you need more help, please state the following:

1)  your ISP
2)  the make and exact model number of your modem
3)  the model and version of your router

Also, connect the computer, by wire, directly to your modem (not the router).  Verify that you have a properly working Internet connection.  Then do the following:

Go to "Start" > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
A black DOS box will appear. Type in "ipconfig /all" (with no quotes), then hit the Enter key.  Post the results.
Klatch

Re: Cant get into my router

Looking at the Ip address on the computer .... it seems that you are using DSL connection ....
Check under network connection if it shows any DSL/ PPPOE/Dial up .... connection ...
Delete or disable it ... only LAN connection should be enabled & connected ....
Reset the router & see if you are getting Ip 192.168.1.X ... with gateway 192.168.1.1

Open routers setup page & try to configure it ...