Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Munk

Cant unblock ports.. Tried in the past, trying again...

Hello, Ive tried to unblock my ports with my old router and had no luck. Recently I bought a Wireless-N Broadband Router WRT300N but with no luck can I unblock any ports. I have the latest firmware (v0.93.3) Ive tried DMZ as well as port forwarding, neither of them work. In port forwarding I have the ports set from 0 - 65535 protocol is both and to IP address is 192.168.1.2 which I set my IP address to be, of course enabled is checkmarked, and yes I hit save settings. I wasnt sure exactly how to set up DMZ but when I did try it, I left on "any IP address" and put my IP address in the destination. I have been searching all over the internet today and the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cant unblock ports.. Tried in the past, trying again...

hi there, munk

are you trying to host a webserver or are you a user who wants to use some applications... If your are the latter, you will need to trigger the ports and not forward it.. you just need to do the same on the same forwarded and triggered range.. if you are both the former and the latter, just do the same.. if you are the former, then forwarding would be the best option to host up a webserver...

"a helping hand in a community makes the world a universe"
Munk

Thanks for the quick reply. Im just a user who wants to use apps.

then you must just use the port triggering option under the applications and gaming tab.... just enter the same port # for forwarded and triggered range

neo27

14firewall wrote:
then you must just use the port triggering option under the applications and gaming tab.... just enter the same port # for forwarded and triggered range

Care to explain what the difference is? I use port forwarding to be able to receive incoming calls on my VOIP device (PAP2T) in the LAN. Should I be using port triggering instead?
Munk

So.. I really dont know how to trigger either, still cant get anything to work..

neo27 wrote:

14firewall wrote:

Care to explain what the difference is? I use port forwarding to be able to receive incoming calls on my VOIP device (PAP2T) in the LAN. Should I be using port triggering instead?

trigerring the ports is a feature that opens the ports for your router to request soemthing from the webserver.. it's like the router is the one who sends those outgoing request to contact the webserver for you to utilize that certain application.

on the otherhand, the forwarding of ports is a special feauture of your router that receives those incoming request to serve the clients that are utilizing the application or website you're hosting them...

if you are using port forwarding to receive the calls on your VOIP, it might be that your VOIP is having a problem for incoming that's why it's set to forwarding...

to summarize:
triggering = outgoing request
forwarding = incoming request

Munk

[ Edited ]
Well still no matter what I do I cant get my ports open... any help?

edit: I just forwarded all of my ports but im still confused. I downloaded a port scanning program and it says all my ports are closed except for a couple. I also scanned my ports off of a website and it said that they were all closed as well. Although when I try test them in Azureus (torrent managing program) all seems well. Seems like everything is fine and its connecting no problem, but im still curious about the port scanners... strange..

Message Edited by Munk on 10-28-200606:13 PM