Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jonas

Change Language Pack

Hi,

Please, I need any possible help.

I have a WRT54G v5 wireless router, with the latest firmware applied, but I cannot change the administrator language. It is in sweden or German language. I have already asked Linksys how I can change it, but the had no answer to that.
When I run the setup wizard it appears an error message before the internet connection page saying: "Sender error while upgrading router's language pack".

I have already done a hard reset at the router, but with no success. Could anyone help me?

Is there a way to upgrade the language pack manually? There is some language packs at the wizard CD...

Is there a way to change the language? How can I correct this error?

Thanks!
Henke

Re: Change Language Pack

I'm having the same problem, the administrtor language is in german and I can not change it.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I have WRT54G v5.1 with the latest firmware (1.50.8).

/Henrik

neighbour_devil

download the latest firmware from www.linksys.com/download

Jonas

I have already installed the latest firmware (1.00.9) and it istill doesn't work.

Tommen

Hi,

I have found an easy way to both change language
and upload a language file. As reference I purchased
a Linksys WRT54GS in sweden, which was set to german.

If you point your browser to http://192.168.XXX.XXX/language.htm
you can easily change the language as you please.

I hope this works in other parts of the world as well.

Enjoy,
Tommen
gtankz

thank u
ClemTigers

I have found the language page and tried to change my language to english, but when I do it tells me that I have to update a language file.  Does anyone know where this is located so that I can finally read my setup page in english.  Thanks in advance for the help.
Amphibian

This is a partial answer to the question of where one obtains language packs for uploading to the router.

I purchased a WRT54GS v5 router last week, from a store in the English-speaking part of Canada. The router web page came up with English-language prompts and labels, which is appropriate.

I was having an intermittent problem that seemed to be related to the router's locating the language strings in memory, so I wanted to test this by switching to another language. I went to the web page 192.168.1.1/language.htm and tried to switch to French. I was told that I needed to upload the appropriate language pack. I therefore looked on my installation CD, where I found a \Language folder containing eight files. That's the good news.

When I tried to use the button on the browser page to upload the French file to the router, I was able to point to the file, but the router eventually returned a message reading approximately "Upgrade are failed". (Note that this happened after I had upgraded the firmware to the latest version.)

So, some versions of the router do ship with language packs, but you may have a problem getting the packs to actually load and work.
c_a_b

Hello all,

I had the same problem trying to change the language pack using the upgrade page, but it works if you select the language file on /pack directory of the original CD, for example en_lang.bin to change it to english.

Cesar
Jonas

Well, I tried to to this it it would really work, but as my firmware is a new one, it says that my language pack is old and that I have to get a new one. Where can I get a new one?