Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JKManning

Change a Security Code?

I have a WRT160N that I've been using with my HDTV for months. Now I want to connect a BluRay player to it, but the setup requires me to enter a security code, and the one I had for the router doesn't work. Can I change the number, or at least double-check the number I do have?

Expert
sabretooth

Re: Change a Security Code?

Yes, simply access the routers admin pages and check under wireless settings for your password.  That's it.

JKManning

Sorry to be inexperienced, but how do you access the router's admin pages? And we originally set the router up on a computer that has since crashed. Are we stuck?

Expert
sabretooth

Well, downloading the manual, it says to go to 192.168.1.1 username blank, password 'admin' (unless you changed it).  Now find the wireless tab and search for your security information.

Expert
zee29

Hi you may access the router interface by using a computer that is currently connected to the network (wired or wireless). Open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 (if that is the gateway address). It will prompt for a Username and Password. Leave the username blank and type in "admin" for the password. Then go to the wireless tab and look for wireless security on the sub-tab. If you cannot access it using the default username and password, you need to reset the router.

For more detailed instructions, please click the link below.

Checking the Linksys router’s wireless settings through the web-based setup page