Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cpclay
Accepted Solution

Change from WEP to WPA

Would like to know the steps to change security setting WEP to WPA, including steps to change Wireless Network Name or the SSID if required.

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Re: Change from WEP to WPA

Hi cpclay and welcome to the forums!

Here's the link on how to change the wireless security on your router.

Setting-Up WEP, WPA or WPA2 Wireless Security on a Linksys Wireless Router

Click this link to see how to change the SSID and other wireless settings you need.

Setting-Up the Wireless Settings on a Router

Let us know if it helped.

cpclay

Here is the situation: Our home wireless network has utilized WEP as the Security Mode or Setting. Daughter just bought an Apple Mac, which she is told requires the WPA setting. I have made the change to WPA-personal as your link instructs, but only this change has disabled our ability to function wirelessly in our home network and the internet. An online chat agent would not provide help because of the warranty issue, but suggested the solution would be met if he could walk me through changing the Wireless Network Name or the SSID. He didn't explain. What I need are each and all step to successfully make the WEP to WPA change. Thanks for your consideration.  

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

I believe all the steps that you need are already in the link I provided. Have you tried following those? There are links for WPA there. The steps that I know are also based on the links. Please connect a computer to the router via wire before doing the steps provided.