dejavu4ya

Changing IP address?

I wanted to change my IP address, of my linksys router. I didn't know where to go to do so, or if it was even possible? Could someone please help me out.
SPAWN_06

Re: Changing IP address?

Access the router setup page, then look for LAN IP/Local IP address, it should state the default 192.168.1.1, you can change that into your own class C IP...
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
mroby63

HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT CHANGING THE IP ADDRESS?  YOUR MESSAGE IS NOT COMPLETE.
i_am_jim

> I wanted to change my IP address, of my linksys router.

Are you sure you want to change the IP address of the "router"?

There are two different IP addresses. One is the address of the router itself -- this is the one your computer uses to talk to the router. No one sees this address but you. Then there's the IP address assigned by your internet provider -- this is the one your router uses to talk to the internet. Everybody you contact on the internet can see this one.

Which IP do you want to change?
moviegal226

I want to change the IP address from my provider. Am I in the wrong place??? Can somebody help me, please?
dcypher

I setup a NetGear print server to run directly from my Dell laptop but when I connected the ethernet cable to the Linksys router my HP laser won't print....should the router's IP address be the same as the print server....noob here. Thanks.
frazier19d

You can not have two pieces of equipment on your network sharing the same IP address. As soon as you plug one of the two in, the other will fall off. You need to obtain your IP range for your network and assign your equipment according to your IP scheme. If you don't know it, or can not remember, call your ISP. You will have to go through a verification process, just to make sure that you are who you say you are.....the ISP like to cover their skin. Post if you need to know anything else.
frazier19d

ISP - Internet Service Provider (Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, and so on and so on....)