Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RudyG

Cisco Connect and OSX Lion

I just upgraded to OSX Lion and the Cisco Home Connect software doesn't work.  

Is there a new version I'm unaware of or do I have to wait it out?

Corleone

Re: Cisco Connect and OSX Lion

What is the Model Number of the Router that you have? The Cisco Connect Software is not compatible for OSX Lion … If you want to use the Cisco Connect Software then you have to wait for the updates… So in this case you can configure the Router manually… Let me know the name of the ISP (Internet Service Provider)… Internet Service that you have is a DSL connection or a Cable connection…

So if you have a DSL connection you can refer to this link:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=4020&userrole=Linksy...

So if you have a Cable Internet Connection you can refer to this link:

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&vw=1&articleid=3686

iGirl

Yes, it's not working in Lion - it's horrible but if you still have your old system backed up (bootable) or running on a different Snow Leopard Mac yuo can get to it that way.

I don't think Cisco even reads these boards do so write and ask for it!  A lot of people have been left with bricked routers without the control panel.

Administrator
24JUAN80

Hi iGirl, Cisco is aware of the issue and acknowledges it here. Please extend your patience regarding the update. :robothappy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
flwicci

Hi everyone,

I just read again through this article called "Cisco Connect and Network Magic compatibility issues with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)" and it seems that there's already an update with regards to compatibility issues.

As of now, CC v 1.4 (the version of CC that works with Lion OS) is only compatible with the ff:

E1500, E1550, E2500, E3200, E4200, M10

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy: