redbeard719

Cisco E2500 Wireless Router Static IP Issue

This may sound long winded- bear with me.  Everything in our small network worked until today when I had to manually reset the router.

We run a application through a provider which requires that we view it from the same IP address for access.  We have a statis IP assigned by our ISP solely for this purpose.  For simplicity, lets us 23.11.23.176 as the statis assigned by our ISP and 23.11.23.175 as the gateway also assigned by our ISP.

The application we need to browse requires that we use the 23.11.23.175 address else it is blocked from viewing.  When we hard line into the modem, we are able to browse it fine.  When I connect the CISCO router and do it wirelessly, it shows our address as 23.11.23.176

what are the required steps in order to set the CISCO router to use the Gateway address as the browsing IP for computers connected to it.  We had set it up about a year ago, and i completely forgot how. 

Expert
jlbjlb

Re: Cisco E2500 Wireless Router Static IP Issue

It sounds like you are using a business class gateway. It would probably be better if you contacted your ISP to help you configure your gateway so that the E2500 receives the public IP address that you want it to receive.
ylime1984

Re: Cisco E2500 Wireless Router Static IP Issue

redbeard719 wrote:

This may sound long winded- bear with me.  Everything in our small network worked until today when I had to manually reset the router.

We run a application through a provider which requires that we view it from the same IP address for access.  We have a statis IP assigned by our ISP solely for this purpose.  For simplicity, lets us 23.11.23.176 as the statis assigned by our ISP and 23.11.23.175 as the gateway also assigned by our ISP.

The application we need to browse requires that we use the 23.11.23.175 address else it is blocked from viewing.  When we hard line into the modem, we are able to browse it fine.  When I connect the CISCO router and do it wirelessly, it shows our address as 23.11.23.176

what are the required steps in order to set the CISCO router to use the Gateway address as the browsing IP for computers connected to it.  We had set it up about a year ago, and i completely forgot how. 

Who is your internet provider and what type of internet configuration is configured on the modem?

The router supports Static IP type of configuration (refer to the link below for instructions) but there are other settings it requires like the subnet mask and DNS servers (primary and secondary).

Setting-Up a Router with a Static IP Account

http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=ad826a23809746fb819c8de1fe15c08d_4604.xml&pid=80&...