KatieJean

Cisco Linksys E2500 No Internet Connection

I already have a desktop and modem at home, but I recently bought a new Sony Vaio laptop for college. I also bought a Linksys E2500 wireless router so my laptop could have internet access at home.

I inserted the Starter Guide CD into my desktop, created my ID/password, and connected all the cables like it instructed me to but I still couldn't connect to the internet. Instead, several windows popped up with messages like, "Found new hardware. Locate and install driver software, "Insert disc that came with Internet Access Server", and  "Windows could not find driver software for your device."
When I tried to troubleshoot, I get something like this, "There may be a problem with your DNS - Windows attempted to find www. microsoft.com using DNS, but server responded back with unknown."

I also tried inserting the disc into the laptop, but I still didn't recieve any internet connection, but it says that my router was connected.

I tried following its advice to restart, unplug cables, and wait 2 minutes but none of it seem to work.

What am I doing wrong and what could I do to fix it? Is it a problem where I'll have to talk to my Charter provider instead? Though my friends said that I shouldn't have to inform my serivce provider that I'll be using my laptop at home.

Jake_2.0

Re: Cisco Linksys E2500 No Internet Connection

Just make sure that your laptop was able to get online when it is connected to your modem. Reset and power cycle your router.  Uinstall Cisco Connect.(If you installed it under add or remove programs). You two options in setting your router you can run the cd once again or configure the settings manually. If you decide to do it manually then you can follow this link:http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=0ff4c94586a345d082828ec2161aaecf_3686.xml&pid=80&r....

KatieJean

Yeah, I tried uninstalling Cisco Connect then used the blue cable to connect my laptop to the modem to verify internet connection but I still can't get it online. However, when I connect my desktop back to the modem, I was able to go online.

ScarletJamie

KatieJean wrote:

Yeah, I tried uninstalling Cisco Connect then used the blue cable to connect my laptop to the modem to verify internet connection but I still can't get it online. However, when I connect my desktop back to the modem, I was able to go online.

What I can suggest is to download Cisco connect 1.4 from this link http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/E2500. Reset the router and ran this software using your desktop.