Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RORWessels

Cisco Linksys Routers and Apple Products?

I have to seriously ask if there is simply an incompatibility between Cisco Linksys and Apple products?

I have both the WRT600N and the new E3000.  Both are exhibiting the same behavior with my Apple products.

On the wireless connection, I am unable to get a download rate from the Internet, higher then maybe 1.2 - 1.5Mbps.  Most of the time it is far lower.  I am always using the same site for testing.  www.speedtest.net and I always use the same testing server for Dallas, TX.

My ISP is Clear, and when going to www.speedtest.net while using the wired connection on my MacBook Pro, I get a download speed of between 5.5 and 8.2 Mbps.

The upload speed is not changed whether I am using the wired or wireless connection.  I also notice the severe difference in speed when I use the Wi-Fi on my iPhone.  My 3G connection is faster then the Wi-Fi...

So, is there an advanced config for the wireless that makes it behave better with Apple devices?

I have locked the config so far to 802.11g on the 2.4Ghz transceiver and 802.11n on the 5Ghz receiver.  I have also set it not to broadcast the BSSID for either as I live in an apartment complex and I do not want to advertise my network to everyone else.  I use WPA personal on the 802.11g network and WPA2 Personal on the 802.11n network.

The settings on the advanced wireless screen in the router config for my E3000 are the defaults.

I have tried nearly everything I can think of.  I am now beseeching the help of the community at large in the hopes of gleaning some information that I did not already have.  Also I hate the new Cisco Connect app.

On a side note, I was very disappointed to learn that while the WRT600N supported IPv6, the E3000 does not.  As a result it seems my wired connection on the MacBook Pro is not performing as well as it did on the WRT600N.

If anyone from Cisco see's this, PLEASE re-add support for IPv6 to your routers.  It makes no sense to move backwards now.

Ricewind

Re: Cisco Linksys Routers and Apple Products?

Which band you are using to connect the wireless computer...?

Is your other computers are working fine...?

If you are using 5GHz on the router to connect your Mac computer then,make sure the wireless adapter does support  5GHz.

Try the following settings...

Keep the Network Mode as "Mixed".For 2.4GHz...Set the Radio Band to Wide-40MHz and change the Wide channel to 9 and Standard Channel to 11-2.462GHz..For 5GHz...Set the Radio Band to Wide-40MHz and change the Wide channel to159 and Standard Channel to 161-5.805GHz.Click on Advanced Wireless Settings...Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings...

Now,power cycle the router and check.