Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
drmbykr

Cisco WRT320N Connection problems

I keep losing wireless connection (Dell Inspiron1720 Laptop) when ever I turn computer often I have to reset  router.I also lose connection quit often while online.
ridcully

Re: Cisco WRT320N Connection problems

Adjust the Wireless Settings on your router...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab
-Here select manual configuration view...Select the Wireless Band 2.4GHz...

Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
-Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Channel Width to Standard-20MHz and change the channel to 11...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...
Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 40/64-bit.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters eg: your 10 digit phone number) and click on save settings...
Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

drmbykr

Re: Cisco WRT320N Connection problems

ridcolly,I did what you said but I am still having the same problem.

Every time I restart computor I  have to open linksys easylink advisor and repair connection.